Sunday 18 January 2015

ALLITERATION:
There is a boy in our class
who is a brainy bloke
We call him "Brainy Brian".

There is also a boy
who is a worry wart
We call him "Anxious Andrew".


ONOMATOPOEIA:

Boom! Sizzle! Bellow! Holler! Crack! Chirp!

RHYME:
I see a man
I see a van
I see a fan
And a frying pan.


HYPOBOLE:

The run around the field seems like a million metres.
When we run, we feel as if our legs are about to break.
It is so hot that i could sweat to death,
in the slaughtering heat that seems to devour all living things-
beasts,trees,flowers,us,
announcing the end of all life.


SIMILE:
He is as slackly as  a sloth.
She is as cunning as fox.
He is as fast as a jaguar.(the car,not the animal.)

PERSONIFICATION:

Hey diddle, Diddle,
The cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon;
The little dog laughed
To see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the spoon.
SYMBOLISM:

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky 
Spring and daisies means youth in Sara Teasdale’s “Wild Asters”:
In the spring, I asked the daisies
If his words were true,
And the clever, clear-eyed daisies
Always knew.
Brown and barren means growing old in Sara Teasdale’s “Wild Asters”:
Now the fields are brown and barren,
Bitter autumn blows,
Bitter autumn means death in Sara Teasdale’s “Wild Asters”:
Now the fields are brown and barren,
Bitter autumn blows,
And of all the stupid asters
Not one knows.

IMAGERY/FREE VERSE:
I see a big fly,
sitting on a pie
My brother takes a big bite,
and it vanishes out of sight!

My math teacher wants
me to use imagination
So i go to math class,
and let my mind go on vacation!

RHYTHMN:
The beat of a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment