Saturday 17 January 2015

Examples of Poetic Devises

Examples of Poetic Devises

 - Poem With A Rhyme

Missing
by Anne Scott
I’ve hunted near, I’ve hunted far
I even looked inside my car.
I’ve lost my glasses, I’m in need,
To have them now so I can read.
I loudly swear and I curse
Did I leave them in my purse?
Are they behind the sofa, under the bed?
Oh there they are - on my head!

- Poem With Alliteration

Alliteration Poem
by Charlotte Pugh
One waterfall whirled water around
Two tigers trenched through the town
Three thunderstorms thinned thatched houses
Four fireworks fires fast
Five fish flew for safety
Six shepherds shelter sheep
Seven shooting stars shoot into the sky
Eight elephants echo to the eclipse
Nine nagging nannies nag their way to New York
Ten tortoises tap dancing to town

- Poem With Qnomatopoeia

Running Water
by Lee Emmett
water plops into the pond
splish-splash downhill
warbling magpies in tree
trilling, melodic thrill
woosh, passing breez
flags flutter and flap
frog croaks, bird whistles
babbling bubbles from tap

- Poem With Simile

Chocolate Cake
By Unknown
“Friends are like chocolate cake
You can never have too many.
Chocolate cake is like heaven -
Always amazing you with each taste or feeling.

Chocolate cake is like life with so many different pieces.
Chocolate cake is like happiness, you can never get enough of it.”

- Poem With Hyperbole

Hyperbole of My Dog
By Autumn Jones
Little Girls is my dog.
She sleeps like a log.
She has a huge mouth,
And eats like a hog
In her excitement
Her tail is a whip times ten.
When she sees food
Hers eyes start to spin.

- Poem With Personification

Nameless
By Unknown
Some people say that I am one thing
Others say that I am many.
Ever since the world begun
I have been moving in an endless circle.
I am the rain.

- Poem With Symbolism

Nameless
By B.R.K
I see you and I as a couple on a long road trip.
There will be many stops, bumps and paths
but it will be an adventure.
It will be a journey.
There is no destination and no map.
Just you and I Cruising and enjoying every
moment of the ride.

Sandra Leong

No comments:

Post a Comment