Sunday 26 April 2015

A Time I Persevered And Was Successful

Scrabble Competition 2014


Last year, when I was in Primary 6, it was my last year to be part of my Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) and the last year to participate in the Scrabble Competition for the Primary School Category. For the past few years I had been participating in team events but to no avail. I wanted to participate in individual events but could not make it. Thus, the 3-player event was the only chance for me to win something for my primary school for my CCA.

I trained before the competition; memorised a lot of Scrabble words, learned techniques and some easy bingo words.

During the competition, we managed to came in as 4th position in the Superzonal Category. Despite my teammate losing a lot of times, we persevered and managed to beat a top player from St Hilda's. After this incident, I learnt that if you have the passion and you work hard on it, you can be the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment