Sunday 26 April 2015

A Time I Persevered And Was Successful

During my Primary 6 Camp, I had the opportunity to attempt rock climbing.  I had long dreamt of climbing to the top of a rock wall, but it was easier said than done, as I soon found out.  In the beginning, I breezed past the first ten metres.  However, the higher I went, the more exhausted I began to feel.  Fatigue overtook me as I struggled to carry on.  My legs and arms ached from the stress of my body weight.  I did feel like giving up at times when the fatigue was too much to bear. Furthermore, I was afraid of heights, which made me all the more panicky to be so far away from level ground.  However, I still managed to climb up the wall, inch-by-inch, step-by-step.  My classmates down below also shouted words of encouragement and cheered me on.  After what seemed like eternity, I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had almost reached the top of the wall!  It was within arm’s reach as I used my last strength of energy to boost myself up.  And I did it!  I had actually managed to climb up the rock wall!  In the end, I was able to turn my long-held dream of climbing to the top of a rock wall into a reality.

Done By: Yong E-Shean

No comments:

Post a Comment